What are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document stored on your computer/other device (and maintained by your browser), and often includes a randomized unique identifier so that our Website can ‘recognize’ this cookie again. They guarantee websites’ functioning or improve the browsing, and also supply certain information to the owners of these websites, in particular in terms of audience measurement.
Cookies do not cause any damage to the terminal, but make it easier, for example, to find preferences, pre-fill certain fields and adapt the content of the services on the site visited. Such data allows the improvement of ergonomics and services according to your interests.
What Kind of Cookies do We Use and How do We Use Them?
There are three main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: specific to a particular visit and limited to sending session identifiers (random numbers generated by the server) so you don’t get asked the same information you’ve already given to the site. Session cookies are not permanently stored on your device and are deleted when the browser closes;
- Persistent cookies: record information about your preferences and are stored in your browser cache or mobile device; and
- Third party cookies: cookies from companies such as Google or Facebook, which may gather data across multiple websites or sessions.
AceAge uses the following cookies:
- Necessary Cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of its website and use of its features. The information collected relates to the operation of our website (e.g. website scripting language and security tokens) and enables AceAge to provide you with the service you have requested.
- Analytics Cookies. These cookies collect information on how users use its website, for example which pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages, and how you arrived at its website. Information collected by these cookies is used only to improve your use of its website. These cookies are sometimes placed by third party providers of web traffic and analysis services.
- Targeting Cookies. These are cookies that are used to deliver content that best suits you and your interests. It can be used for targeted advertising ⁄ offers, limiting ad serving or measuring the effectiveness of a promotional campaign.
- Customization Cookies. These cookies are used to remember the choices you have made, for example the country you visit our website from, your language and any changes you have made to text size and other parts of the web pages that you can customize to improve your user experience and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable.
How Can I Manage my Preferences on Cookies?
You have the option to configure your devices to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued or to never accept cookies. However, the latter option may result in some personalized services not being provided and, as a result, you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features offered by the Site. If you do not wish to receive cookies in general or only to refuse certain cookies, you can change your browser settings accordingly.
Instructions to this effect are provided on each browser’s website:
For Internet Explorer:
For any other browser not mentioned above, you should not hesitate to consult the cookie management help information available on the Website. You can find more information about cookies (including how to disable them) at http://www.allaboutcookies.org