Purpose and Personal Information Collected
AceAge’s products deliver, coordinate, and secure pills while reminding and connecting users to ensure that individuals take their medication at the right time through the use of (amongst other things) a medication delivery device, a mobile app companion to that device and our website (the “Services”). AceAge’s Services are used by individuals (“users”) who decide to operate an AceAge product. AceAge may use personal information notably in the following ways. In each case, AceAge identifies the basis on which AceAge relies to use your personal information:
- to provide its Services: Applicable legal basis: contract performance;
- to provide product information: Applicable legal basis: contract performance, legitimate interest, consent;
- to open, maintain and process credit card transactions: Applicable legal basis: contract performance, legitimate interests (to ensure that AceAge is paid for its services);
- to administer and process customer surveys, special promotions and other marketing activities: Applicable legal basis: legitimate interests, consent;
- to investigate legal claims or comply with our legal obligations: Applicable legal basis: legal obligation.
If you use AceAge’s website (the “Website”), your IP address, your computer’s operating system, the browser type and language are automatically collected each time you use the Website. Moreover, the identity of the website you came from will also be collected, as will your web request and the date and time of your visit and the site pages visited. Other information such as your name, address, and email address (“contact information”) is collected in order to allow us to administer the Website, to identify and contact users and in order to conduct Website maintenance. For audit and other internal and administrative purposes AceAge may also keep a record of all information you contribute to the Website.
Recipients of your Personal Information
- Microsoft Azure (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trust-center/privacy)
- WordPress (https://en-ca.wordpress.org/about/privacy/)
Limits for Collecting, Using, Disclosing and Retaining Personal Information
AceAge, unless required or permitted by law, does not collect, use or disclose personal information, except when it has obtained consent. In all cases, AceAge limits the amount and type of information collected to that which is necessary to meet the purposes described above. AceAge undertakes to keep all personal information it collects strictly confidential. AceAge will only retain personal information for the duration of its intended use or as otherwise required by law. Thereafter, all personal information that does not have a specific purpose or that no longer fulfills its intended purpose will be destroyed in a secure fashion.
Safeguarding Personal Information
AceAge respects an individual’s privacy and will protect that privacy as vigorously as possible. AceAge stores personal information in electronic and physical files that are secure and to which access is restricted.
Accuracy of Personal Information
AceAge also makes every effort to keep all personal information it holds, including contact information and financial information, accurate, complete, and current. AceAge will update any changes to personal information when received from you through the Website. If AceAge holds personal information about an individual which can be established by the individual to be inaccurate, AceAge will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Exercise of Rights
Regarding your personal information, you have the following rights:
- Access: entitled to ask if AceAge is processing information and, if any, request access to personal information. This enables the individual to receive a copy of the personal information AceAge holds and certain other information about him or her;
- Modification: entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal information AceAge holds be corrected.
- Deletion: entitled to ask AceAge to delete or remove personal information in certain circumstances. There are certain exceptions where AceAge may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where the personal information is required for compliance with law or in connection with claims;
- Restriction: entitled to ask AceAge to limit the processing of certain personal information, for example to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Portability: request the portability of certain personal information to another party;
- Objection: one may challenge when AceAge processes personal information based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) or for direct marketing purposes. However, AceAge may be entitled to continue processing information;
- Automated decisions: contest any automated decision made where this has a legal or similar significant effect and ask for it to be reconsidered;
- Consent: where AceAge processes personal information with consent, withdrawal of consent.
Protection of Personal Information for Children
AceAge services are not intended for any minor individual. If you are a minor under the laws applicable to your place of residence, please do not provide AceAge with any personal information without the express consent of a parent or guardian. AceAge does not voluntarily collect personal information from minors. If you are a parent or guardian and you know that your minor child has provided AceAge with personal information, please contact AceAge. If AceAge learns that it has collected personal information from a minor without verification of parental consent, AceAge will take steps to remove that information from its servers.